Intensive animal farming or industrial livestock production, also known as factory farming, is a production approach towards farm animals in order to maximize production output, while minimizing production costs. Intensive factory farming has grown to become the biggest threat to the global environment through the loss of ecosystem services and global warming.
Industrial production of pigs and poultry is an important source of Green House Gas (GHG) emissions and is predicted to become more so. On intensive pig farms, the animals are generally kept on concrete with slats or grates for the manure to drain through. The manure is usually stored in slurry form (slurry is a liquid mixture of urine and feces). During storage on farm, slurry emits methane and when manure is spread on fields it emits nitrous oxide and causes nitrogen pollution of land and water. Poultry manure from factory farms emits high levels of nitrous oxide and ammonia.
Large quantities and concentrations of waste are produced. Air quality and groundwater are at risk when animal waste is improperly recycled.
QM Environmental International offers several solutions which can be utilized to handle these emissions.
QM Environmental International solutions comprise:
- MicroCat-DL, a microbial formulation for the liquification of animal manure
- QM-BioStable, a bioactivator which stimulates naturally occurring bacteria in the manure to reduce ammonia emissions
- Dry Vapour Odour Control, An innovative odor control system to reduce odor emissions in the surrounding area of the stables.
- Pig breeding farms
- Poultry breeding farms
- Dairy farms
- Beef cattle farms
QM Environmental International solutions assist in:
- Easier pump out of manure from storage basements, silo’s and depots
- Reducing ammonia and hydrogen sulphide gas build-up in stable buildings
- Reduced odor emissions in the surrounding area’s
- Less mortality
- Increased health
- Improved feed conversion ratio (FRC)
More then a product
At QM Environmental International, we’re focused on producing results, not just selling product. We aim to solve the root problem behind waste processing problems, not simply treat symptoms. Thus, we only deploy our solutions after a site investigation by our team of seasoned professionals.
As a result our solutions are able to achieve:
- Consistent, more stable operations
- Increased revenues from animal farming
- Better manure fertilization value